D-ENERGi is a real alternative to the big six energy suppliers.
Incorporated in 2002 we have become one of the longest established and well respected UK independent businesses energy suppliers.
Why Should You Undertake A Business Energy Comparison?
If there is one thing we know well here at D-ENERGi it is this – not all business energy contracts are created equal! If business owners pick the wrong one, then they could end up overpaying for their business gas or electricity – and this just won’t do.
If you’ve never undertaken a business energy comparison or switched business energy suppliers before, then it is likely that you are currently sat on an “out of contract” rate which can be up to twice as expensive as contract rates.
What are ‘out of contract’ rates?
Out of contract rates is the name given to the default tariff that your business energy supplier will place you on either:
- When your current contract has ended and you haven’t arranged to go onto a new one (either with your existing supplier or a new supplier)
- When the switching process to another supplier has been delayed – so there is a gap between the end of your first contract and the start of your new one
The only way you can avoid paying out of contract rates is to sign up for a new energy deal, either with your current business energy supplier or a new one.
The simplest way to complete a business gas or business electricity comparison is to use the team at D-ENERGi. We work with a wide range of energy suppliers, to make sure you not only get outstanding service but access to great rates as well.
We are experts at guiding you through the whole business energy comparison process, but it will give us a head start if you have some of the relevant information to hand already and some idea of what sort of tariff you might want to switch to.
What are the main business energy tariffs I need to know about?
- Fixed-rate. Usually last between one and four years, with the standing charges and unit cost staying the same throughout this time. Your bill amount will change dependent on the amount of energy you use, obviously, but the actual rates you pay won’t. Fixed-term tariffs tend to be the most popular type for businesses as they help you to avoid price hikes.
- Blend and extended. A bit more complex than fixed rate deals, these deals allow you to extend your current contract with your supplier to take advantage of lower rates as a reward for your loyalty.
- Flex approach. When running a large business, it can sometimes be more cost-effective to bulk buy your energy in advance so you know how much you have paid for it when you come to use it. Flex approach contracts allow you to pay for your energy for the months ahead while also taking advantage of favourable wholesale rates.
- Pass through. This type of tariff splits your bill between fixed wholesale energy costs and the other varied items which make up the unit rates. This is a complicated tariff that is more suited to those who don’t require much price certainty.
At the end of the day, the quickest and easiest way to do business electricity or business gas comparison is to speak to the friendly team at D-ENERGi.
We take pride in our commitment to providing the most competitive rates for business electricity and gas. If you are seeking guidance on how to effectively reduce your business electricity and gas costs, or require assistance with a business energy switch, please call our dedicated Customer Services team at 0800 781 7626. We assure you that calls will be answered promptly within five rings or less!
Or you can enter your queries by clicking the button located at the lower right corner during business hours.
Click here for a Free Quote of business electricity and gas, our dedicated Account Manager will be assigned to provide bespoke business energy prices with excellent customer service.