Provide gas meter read now
The Energy Bill Relief Scheme
D-ENERGi would like to commend the Government Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and all civil servants involved working around the clock to implement the Energy Bill Relief Scheme. We appreciate BEIS efforts in working with all non-domestic suppliers over the last few weeks. We would like to take this opportunity to reassure our prospective and existing customers and clarify the following:
- The scheme is only open to customers which have signed agreements with their suppliers from the 1st April 2022 onwards. The Energy Bill Relief Scheme comes into effect from the 1st October and a discount will be applied until 31st March 2023.
- All energy suppliers will apply the same discount. This discount will automatically appear on your statements.
- The BEIS department recommends all customers continue to enter into fixed price agreements as normal to shield businesses from future wholesale price increases. This way we can ensure all our customers are protected from the volatility in the current wholesale market.
- As portrayed in some media outlets there is no price cap for businesses. The price cap is on the wholesale element price only. Please do not expect the unit rates of 21.1 p/kwh for electricity and 7.5 p/kwh for gas to appear on your bills. These rates do not include the many other non-commodity costs which make up your bill for both gas and electricity.
- For customers who qualify for the Energy Bill Relief Scheme we kindly ask all qualifying customers to provide us with monthly gas and / or electricity meter reads until end of the scheme. This should be done ideally on the first day of the month or no later than the 10th.This will be a great help to get your bills as accurate as possible and ensure we apply the right discount throughout the scheme period.