D-ENERGi is a real alternative to the big six energy suppliers.
Incorporated in 2002 we have become one of the longest established and well respected UK independent businesses energy suppliers.
Comparing Cheap Business Energy Rates
Energy is really important for any business – it allows you to keep your customers and employees warm, to run your machinery, and even light up the building. Electricity and gas are essential for your business then, but they can also be one of your biggest expenses. And it is really easy to fall into the trap of paying too much for them. So, how can you find and compare cheap business energy rates?
How to read your business energy bill
Well, the first thing you need to be clear on, is what exactly you are already paying for. Each supplier will structure its bill differently, but the main things they cover are:
- Date of the bill, bill number, account number, and VAT number. These are all references that the energy company will use to identify the bill you are talking about if you make an enquiry.
- MPAN/MPRN number. This is the code your supplier will use to identify your property and your meter.
- Contract details. This is really important information you need to look at when you are deciding whether you are on the best energy tariff or not.
- Billing period. This is the length of time that you are being billed for energy.
- Type of charges. These will be based on either estimated or actual readings. Actual readings are always better than estimated readings.
Your bill may also contain other things such as VAT charge, outstanding balance, and breakdown of charges too.
What is the average business bill?
It is difficult to answer this question as cheap business electricity and gas suppliers take into account many different factors such as business type, size of the business, and location when they provide a quote. This means that no two business electricity or gas bills will be the same.
What costs are included in a business energy bill?
The two main costs that make the biggest difference to your business energy bill are:
- The unit rate – the amount you pay per kWh or energy used
- Daily standing charge – charge that covers maintenance of the national grid, and the transportation costs associated with energy
How to find the cheapest business energy rates
In order to ensure you are getting the cheapest business energy rates, you need to compare the deals on offer from a wide variety of suppliers. You can do this in two ways:
- Do it yourself. You can spend time contacting a wide range of suppliers and try and negotiate the best deal with each of them – as each contract will have to specifically tailored for your business. To get a true picture of which is the cheapest option, you will need to speak to at least 10 different business energy suppliers – which can be very time consuming (and a little frustrating).
- Ask the experts at D-ENERGi to help. We have over 19 years of experience in finding the best deals for our commercial customers – and we will also handle the switch for you.
Take the first step to cheap business gas and electricity today by calling D-ENERGi on 0800 781 7626.