D-ENERGi is a real alternative to the big six energy suppliers.
Incorporated in 2002 we have become one of the longest established and well respected UK independent businesses energy suppliers.
Business Gas Suppliers 2021: How to switch them
In the past, if you wanted business gas, the only choice for you was British Gas. This is not the case these days as there are now lots of business gas suppliers to choose from, meaning you can now opt for the one that best suits your needs.
Each business gas supplier will have its own range of business gas rates, customer ratings, and offers that will make it easier for you to compare them and find the best one for your business. While the price you are charged for your business gas should always be the most important thing you think about when switching suppliers, it is not the only thing you should consider.
If you are solely focused on price then it will potentially be easy to pick the best supplier, but some business owners will be looking for additional benefits such as different payment methods, longer contract times, or suppliers who have the best customer service.
Business Gas Contracts
When it comes to business gas contracts, there are two things you need to keep in mind, to begin with:
- Unit cost – the amount your business gas supplier is charging per unit of energy
- Standing charge – the set price you pay for maintenance and transportation
Then you need to look at the type of contract they are offering:
- Fixed-term contract – this type of contract ensures the price of your gas stays the same throughout the contract term. So, the cost per unit will stay the same, but your bill may differ depending on how much energy you use.
- Variable-rate contract – the cost per unit of gas may fluctuate throughout the term of your contract. It will go up or down depending on market activity.
- Deemed rate contract – this is sometimes also called ‘out of contract’ tariff and can be very expensive, so it is not one you want to find yourself tied into
- 28-day contract – this is a very rare type of contract as it only applies to businesses that have not switched suppliers since gas deregulation
- Rollover contracts – if you missed the opportunity to switch to a new gas supplier you may find your supplier assumed you wished to stay on the same contract and so just rolled you over
Using D-ENERGi to compare business gas tariff prices
Your first step should be to grab a copy of your most recent gas bill as this will contain all of the information, we need to get you a better deal from a new supplier. Once you have contacted us and told us the information we need, we contact lots of different gas suppliers to get quotes on your behalf.
Get the best prices on your business gas by contacting the D-ENERGi team on 0800 781 7626.